Saturday, June 25, 2016

Happy Recipient (of My Poncho)

At the time I was knitting the poncho, it was suggested to me that I should make it a little bigger, and I took up the advice by adding an extra row. With this, I ran out of the variegated wool and had to wait for 2 winters for the same coloured wool to reappear in the shop. I finally finished the poncho during last year summer (December 2015). The finished poncho, however, turns out to be too big and too long for my liking.... This weekend, the weather in Sydney is freezing cold and my neighbour, Haleh, kindly invited me over for a cup of tea. I had a quick think about it and decided to bring along the poncho with me to give to her as a gift. It fits her nicely and she was so delighted to receive my hand knitted poncho in her favourite colours. I enjoyed the process of making it, and am so happy to have found someone who appreciates and will be making use of the poncho.... I have started to knit another poncho again, in the size that I think would fit me. It will be a long while before I finish it, I think, considering all the projects that are currently 'in progress'. :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment